Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Spring Training game Wednesday vs. Cubs

The Dodgers open their Cactus League schedule with their first game in 2009 Wednesday vs. the Chicago Cubs. Claudio Vargas is the expected starter, as he is one of a handful of people vying for the 5th starter role.

The first 4 games of the Spring schedule will all be away. It will be quite a different sight on Sunday, March 1 when the Chicago White Sox come to Camelback Ranch for the Dodgers' home opener. Gone are the days in Vero Beach and Dodgertown. In is the brand new ballpark in Glendale, Arizona.

The game is not scheduled to be on TV (at least from what I can tell), but if you have XM Radio (like me!) you're in luck. It'll be on channel 178 at 3:05 Eastern, or 12:05 Pacific time. All I know is that on my drive home from work, I can click on the game and enjoy. Ya, I'm sure I won't be staring at the clock all day wishing it was 3:05 and the game was on...

No comments: