Thursday, February 14, 2008

Spring is here!

The countdown is over, and Spring Training has finally arrived! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to see Joe Torre start his reign in LA. While I'm still in the middle of cold and snow (I'm in New York, you know), it's great to hop on the Dodgers' website and read about the pitchers and catchers reporting. It's a very welcomed sight.

Why am I so excited? Well, I get excited every year, no matter how great or horrible I think the Dodgers are. This year brings many changes, like Joe Torre, Andruw Jones, and Hiroki Kuroda. Gone are some of the veterans that didn't pan out (bye-bye Luis Gonzalez, Shea Hillenbrand, Roberto Hernandez, among others...). It's a new look and a new start for the Blue Crew.

As for my blog, I have no idea how many people are actually reading this, and I don't really care. All I care about is writing about my favorite team and hoping that Dodger fans can make this one of their daily stops when cruising the 'net. Whether its news, opinions, game summaries, whatever, my ultimate goal is to make this a gathering place for us fans. So if you're reading this and like what you're seeing, tell a friend to check it out.

Here's to a great 2008!

No comments: