Saturday, July 26, 2008

More encouraging numbers for Blake

I just did a little more research about Casey Blake's numbers this season, and I'm starting to like him more and more. Here's a sample of some of the numbers I found:

Runners on: .343 AVG
Runners in scoring position: .393 AVG
RISP, 2 outs: .318 AVG
Bases loaded: .600 AVG

Men on, 2 outs: .297 AVG, .444 OBP
Man on 3rd, less than 2 outs: .500 AVG

Those are some great stats, especially considering he started the year so slowly. I read on one of the message boards that us Dodger fans will hate him when he hits with runners on because he never comes through. Well, while I admit I don't pay a whole lot of attention to the Indians, the numbers suggest otherwise. I'm sure that is just frustration talk from a fan whose team was supposed to do some big things this year, but have instead become sellers.

Bottom line, it's a good move.

No comments: