- Will Derek Lowe continue his great pitching over the second half of the season and be a true ace in Game 1?
- If Lowe falls, will Chad Billingsley step up to the pressure of Wrigley Field and a deficit and get the job done?
- Can Manny pick up where he left off in his Red Sox career and be a postseason hero?
- Will Andre Ethier continue his red-hot hitting when it most counts?
- Can Russell Martin limit the Cubs' running game?
- What roles to Rafael Furcal and Jeff Kent play? Can they accept not being starters?
- Will Blake DeWitt and Angel Berroa control the middle of the infield and give production at the bottom of the order?
- Will the loss of Hong-Chih Kuo be too much of a hole to fill?
- Can Jonathan Broxton handle being a closer in the postseason, even with little experience in his career?
- Is Takashi Saito ready to resume a big role in late innings?
- What happens if a 4th starter is needed? Can Greg Maddux be the Mad Dog, or a postseason flop late in his career?
- Can the Dodgers at least get one win on the road before returning home to LA?
Monday, September 29, 2008
Key postseason questions for the Dodgers
I'm kicking around a bunch of different thoughts running through my head about the playoffs. In my view, here's some questions the Dodgers will be faced come gametime on Wednesday: