Sunday, July 22, 2012

Some pictures and praise for Citi Field

Like I said in my game recap, I was fortunate enough to attend Saturday's game at Citi Field.  I've been to Shea Stadium three times, and while I knew Citi would be an upgrade, I still wasn't sure what to expect.

Well let me tell you something: Citi Field is awesome.  I was blown away by how great of a ballpark it really is.

It doesn't matter if you are a Mets' fan or not (obviously, I'm not), if you have the chance, get to a game there.  The park is beautiful, clean, and has plenty of room to roam around.  For a 1 o'clock game, I got there right as gates were opening at 11, and had plenty of time to check out the scenery.  As I walked around the concourse, I able to take peaks at batting practice along the way. 

The gift shops are nice, but extremely overpriced.  Sorry, but even if I was a die-hard Mets fan, there is no chance I'd pay $50 for a t-shirt!  I mean seriously now!

The highlight, other than watching the Dodgers win, was the Shake Shack burger I had before the game.  Man that was good!  My only regret was that I got a single instead of a double.  By the time I was done, the line was already enormous, so my dream for a double went down the tubes.  It was fun while it lasted.

A big thumbs up the Mets and their awesome park.  It was a great experience.

Here are some pics from my visit.  I was on a bus trip and had no idea where I'd be sitting, so it was to my shock that I got first row seats in centerfield.  I'll take it!

Outside of Citi Field

A little BP before the game

Scoreboard right near me

Mr. Kemp warming up before the game

A shot of the action from center

Wish I got a better shot, but the guy in orange in the middle is holding up a "We Want Harvey" sign

Kemp and Ethier tossing it around in between innings

R.A. Dickey vs. Kemp

Kenley Jansen ready for the save

Jansen vs. David Wright

The victory jump

You're welcome, Mr. Met... I was happy to come and see the Dodgers win

No comments: