Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MLB takes over control of the Dodgers

The big news of the day is Bud Selig's announcement that Major League Baseball will now take over control of the Dodgers. The major reason, of course, is the cloudy financial situation created by the divorce of Frank and Jamie McCourt. Selig will soon appoint a representative to oversee operations of the club in the upcoming days.

To read Selig's statement, click here.

It's pretty shocking news, as I'm not sure I've heard much talk at all of Selig actually doing something like this. But it seems like the right move. Frank McCourt was recently granted a $30 million loan from FOX just to cover expenses.

On a side note, I have barely made mention of the shady McCourt family mostly because I don't care. Well, I very much care about my favorite team, but I want to actually discuss baseball, not these clowns. So that's why I haven't covered it. Today's news was worth the mention, however. But that pretty much goes without saying.

No comments: