Saturday, April 24, 2010

Add Padilla to the DL with a sore forearm

Vicente Padilla is the latest Dodger to hit the 15-day DL. He has a sore right forearm, something that he first complained about back in Spring Training.

The beginning of the season was downright awful for Padilla, who was given the Opening Day start in Pittsburgh, then got bombed for seven runs in 4 1/3 innings. His next start in Florida was terrible as well, but he's coming off of two pretty good starts.

His stuff has looked pretty good, so even when he was getting torched, I thought he'd be able to turn it around. His last two starts against the Giants and Reds have combined for 13 innings, six earned runs, and 15 strikeouts. So I thought he was figuring things out. Now this happens.

In his place is supposed to be Jon Link. Since he was just sent down to Triple-A, he hasn't fulfilled the required 10 days to come back up. But, if the Dodgers are given permission since he's replacing an injured player, he'll be the one.

The bigger question will be who makes Padilla's next scheduled start in New York on Tuesday. Jeff Weaver is also hurt, so perhaps Scott Elbert will get recalled. We shall see.

1 comment:

Security News Media said...

Hello, I apologize for contacting you in this fashion, but I think you might be interested in submitting your site to my new sports directory…at thesportszone.org

I'm assuming comments are moderated so when I click submit this post won't automatically appear on site, if it does, I again apologize.